Pages

Friday, May 22, 2015

Follow-up to the confrontation I had on the phone with Rhonda -

Two days later, she sent me a letter as an email attachment in which she accused me of behaving belligerently toward the psychiatrically disabled man who ran up and down the hall for years until I called the police. She went on and on about how I have no right to do this, that I'm required to go to them to handle these situations, and that they have gone out of their way to address my issues. This is, of course, a blatant falsehood. They have spent seven and a half years doing next to nothing about any of the issues I have brought to their attention - and Rhonda is well aware of this.

Also, of course, the incident never occurred. I replied and told her the circumstances of my two recent encounters with this man, which bore absolutely no resemblance to her description. All that happened was that I told him, in an even tone, that if he didn't stop running up and down the hall, I would call the police - then I did. As she always cc:'s her entire staff whenever she emails me, I hit "Reply to all", so that they all saw my response. She didn't bother to acknowledge it.

My friend who's been advocating for me has been threatening for months to go to Lou Woolf, the CEO of Hebrew SeniorLife, and every time he does, Rhonda tells him, "It's not necessary; I can handle these issues on my own" - which she clearly cannot or will not do. I think this business of telling me to call the police, then becoming angry that I did so, has her embarrassed and afraid, so she wrote the letter to cover herself.

What goes on in this organization is unbelievable. The entire Jewish community of Boston should be made aware of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment